- NIH Postdoctoral Associate, supported by minority supplement to an NIH R01 grant, July 2001 to November 2001, Yale University. Advisor: Professor Scott A. Strobel
- Jane Coffin Childs Postdoctoral Fellow, July 1998 to June 2001, Yale University.
Advisor: Professor Scott A. Strobel
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, June 1998, Brown University.
Thesis Advisor: Professor John S. Oliver
Thesis Title: Abiotic Models for Ribosomal Polypeptide Biosynthesis.
- B.Sc. Chemistry (Industrial Option), 1st Class Honors, 1992, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta (Aug. 2005 - present)
- Senior Research Scientist
Rib-X Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Jan. 2004 - Aug. 2005)
- Research Scientist II
Rib-X Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nov. 2001 - Jan. 2004)
- Postdoctoral Associate and Jane Coffin Childs Postdoctoral Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut. (July 1998 - Nov. 2001)
- Teaching Assistant & Pre doctoral Fellow
Dept. of Chemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island. (Aug. 1993 -June 1998)
- Graduate Assistant
University of Uyo (Nigeria), through The National Youth Service Corps. (Nov. 1992 - Aug. 1993)
Awards and Honors
- Jane Coffin Childs Postdoctoral Fellowship for Medical Research, 1998.
- Sigma Xi Award for Outstanding Graduate Student with Potential for further Contribution to Science, Brown University, 1998.
- Admitted as a Graduate Member of The Royal Society of Chemistry, 1998.
- Richardson Fellowship for Outstanding Graduate Student, Brown University 1997.
- Elected to Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, 1995.
- Faculty Prize for the Best Final Year Student in the Faculty of Science, University of Ibadan (Nigeria), 1993.
- The Lever Brothers (Nigeria) Prize for the Best Honors Degree Student in Chemistry, 1993.
- The Nigerian Breweries Prize in Chemistry and Biochemistry for the Best Graduating Student in Biochemistry and Chemistry, 1993.