Chemistry and Biochemistry undergraduate majors are invited to apply for a ten-week (Sunday, May 22- Friday, July 29, 2016) research program. Program participants will receive a stipend of $5,000, a travel allowance, and housing. Participants supported must be US citizens or permanent residents of the US. Funding is pending support provided by the National Science Found and 3M Corporation.
REU students carry out a research project under the direction of a faculty member in School of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Georgia Tech. Projects are available in analytical, biological, inorganic, organic, physical, and polymer chemistry with a number of projects involving interdiscplinary research perspectives. Contributions by undergraduate participants often result in publication of papers in the peer-reviewed literature with the student listed as an author. In addition to full time research, students participate in a number of professional development seminars, site visits to scientific companies/government labs, and social activities with fellow students and other REU groups on the Georgia Tech campus.
Students interested in a career in research are encouraged to apply. Please use the application tab above to apply to the Chemistry and Biochemistry REU Program at Georgia Tech.
Students interested in specializations within chemistry and biochemistry or allied disciplines may also apply to the:
- Center for Chemical Evolution Summer Research Program at Georgia Tech
- Hooked on Photonics Summer Research Program
- Chemistry Summer Theory Program
- Aquatic Chemical Ecology Summer Research Program at Georgia Tech
- Nanotechnology Network at Georgia Tech
- Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) REU Program at Georgia Tech
- Georgia Tech/Atlanta University Center Broadening Participation Summer Undergraduate Research Program in Physics
Questions? Please contact Dr. Kenyetta Johnson, 404-894-8227 or email@example.com